kevin.chris.jones @ gmail.com
Software Developer with a focus on mobile applications, video games, and web content. Conceptualizes designs for games and interfaces, then uses technical expertise to realize them. Prioritizes client feedback throughout the development process. Collaborates with artists to find labor-efficient solutions to design problems. Sole proprietor of Kevin Jones Software Development LLC since October 2013.
Cartoon Network (Atlanta, GA)
Game Development Contractor (May 2014 – May 2015)
- Independent contractor on a project-by-project basis for updates to existing CN mobile games and contributions to other projects.
No, You Shut Up Games (Atlanta, GA)
Programmer (February 2013 – August 2013)
- Independent contractor in developing an update to Adventure Time: Legends of Ooo, a dialog-driven adventure game based on the popular Cartoon Network series. This release received 4.5 stars out of 5 based on over 600 player reviews.
- Refactored code and implemented debugging features to enable faster development and more productive collaboration between the developers and our client’s QA team.
- Fixed bugs and implemented secondary game systems using Objective-C, Cocos2d-iphone, and Apple’s suite of development tools.
Crystal Fish Entertainment (Atlanta, GA)
Programmer (June 2012 – February 2013)
- Independent contractor for developing Growums Academy, a puzzle game for the iPhone and iPad.
- Implemented critical game features in C++ using Cocos2d-x and Apple’s suite of development tools.
- Currently developing an unannounced game in a part-time capacity.
Emergent Game Group (Atlanta, GA)
Research Assistant (September 2010 – September 2012)
- Lead programmer for Ellis Island, a historical MMO project built in the Unity3D game engine. Previously involved with the design team and art team.
- Responsible for eliciting requirements from the design team and delegating development tasks to other programmers.
- Implemented a flexible XML-based model for game dialog and quests, allowing designers to create content for the game with reduced programmer intervention.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Computer Science (Aug 2008 – May 2012)
Overall GPA: 3.25, Major GPA 3.86
Software: Xcode, Unity 3D, Cocos2d-x, Eclipse, Microsoft Visual C++, SVN, Git, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
Operating Systems: Completed multiple projects targeting iOS. Some exposure to Android development. Comfortable working in Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux.
Communiation: Proven remote collaboration experience. Helped demonstrate research projects at “open house” events to an audience of researchers, students, and professionals. Penned academic reports on topics both technical and in the humanities.